You can install Veracode Static for Visual Studio using a standalone VSIX package file.
If you can access the Visual Studio Marketplace from Visual Studio, you can download and install Veracode Static for Visual Studio from within Visual Studio. For example, in Visual Studio 2019, you can select and, then, search for Veracode to see the list of Veracode extensions available for your version of Visual Studio.
To install Veracode Static for Visual Studio:
- Exit Visual Studio.
- Go to the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.
- Search for Veracode.
- From the Version dropdown menu, select your version of Visual Studio.
- In the search results, click the link for Veracode Static for Visual Studio.
- Click Download to download the VSIX package file.
- Double-click the VSIX file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the extension.
To verify that the installation completed successfully, open Visual Studio and
locate the Veracode Static menu.
By default, Veracode Static for Visual Studio automatically checks for updates. To ensure that the extension is configured to update automatically, in Visual Studio, check that the Automatically update this extension checkbox is selected. If you want to update the extension manually, clear the checkbox and see the Visual Studio documentation for instructions on performing a manual update.