To be able to upload binaries to the Veracode Platform using the Eclipse plugin, you must have the Upload API role or Submitter role. To obtain detailed flaw information in your scan results, be sure the builder you use to package your code generates debug symbol information.
- Go to .
- If prompted, enter your Veracode API credentials, either your username/password or ID/key
combination. Select the checkbox to store your credentials so that you only have to enter
- In the Upload and Scan window, from the Application dropdown menu, select the
application for which you want to upload binaries. Click Add
Application to add applications that are not currently in the list, and
provide all the information about the application, including policy control and
- After adding the application (if applicable), go to the Upload and Scan window, and in the Scan Type option, select Policy Scan.
- Click Create Scan.
- In the Create Scan popup, enter the name for the new scan and, optionally, the lifecycle stage.
- Click Create.
- In the Workspace Files table, use the browse icon to select the files you want to upload from your current projects. Click Add to select any files not associated with a current project.
- Select Upload. Note: You cannot upload binaries if Veracode is currently scanning an application. Please wait until the scan results are available and then you can add more files.
Veracode expects the name of the uploaded file to be the same between scans of the same application. However, filenames can change between builds of the same code, therefore, you have the option to change the filename before uploading to keep the name consistent. If Veracode indicates that the filenames are not the same, click the New Filename column to rename the file so that it matches the previous name for the same file.
- When prompted to confirm, click Yes to continue the upload.
- Click Yes to go directly to the Veracode prescan process after
the upload. If you do not want the full scan to continue automatically, click
No and, when ready, click Begin Prescan at
the top of the Upload Files table.
Veracode contacts you when your scan is complete and results are available.