Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) platform from Microsoft.
The Veracode Visual Studio Extension integrates with Visual Studio to provide quick and easy information about potential security flaws in your applications, and assists with compiling and uploading applications for scanning.
- A human Veracode account must have either the Reviewer or Security Lead role to be able to download results.
- A non-human API account must have the Results API role to be able to download results.
- Create a build with Veracode settings
- Upload your application to Veracode
- Use sandboxes with the Visual Studio extension
- Import Veracode scan results to Visual Studio
- Download and work with the Veracode results
- Mitigate flaws from Visual Studio
- Change the Visual Studio precompilation settings, credentials, Detailed Report download location, and proxy settings
- A human Veracode account using the API ID and key
authentication, with the following
- Creator or Security Lead role to create builds of your applications with the necessary Veracode settings
- Submitter role to upload scans to Veracode
- Sandbox User role to create sandboxes to use with the extension
- Reviewer role to check scan completion, propose mitigations, and import results to Visual Studio
- Mitigation Approver role to approve mitigations
- A non-human account with the following API
- Upload API to create application profiles, create sandboxes, and upload and scan applications
- Upload API - Submit only to submit scans
- Mitigation API to mitigate flaws found in applications
- Results API to download, import, and view Veracode results