Within Visual Studio, you create a sandbox into which you upload your files, and then you can run a scan from the sandbox.
To create a sandbox and run a sandbox scan for an application from within Visual Studio:
- Select .
- If prompted, enter your Veracode API username and password, and select Store username and password so that you only have to enter your credentials one time.
- In the Application field, select the application from the dropdown menu and in the Scan Type row, select Sandbox Scan.
- Click Create Sandbox and enter a name for the sandbox. If you do not see this button, contact Veracode Support to enable this feature for your account.
- In the Workspace Files table, use the browse icon to select the files you want to upload from your current projects. Click Add to select any files not associated with a current project.
- Select Upload and, when prompted to confirm, click Yes to continue the upload.
- Click Yes to go directly to the Veracode prescan process after the upload. If you do not want the full scan to continue automatically, click No and, when ready, click Begin Prescan at the top of the Upload Files table.
When the prescan is finished, click View Prescan Results at the top of the Upload Files table.