To create a profile for a new application:
About this task
From the Applications page, click Add Application.
Note: The fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Enter the application name and, optionally, a description and tags separated by
If the tag name includes a comma, surround the tag with quotation marks. If you have used tags before for other applications, these are available for you to select.
Enter the Business Criticality of this application to your organization.
The business criticality determines the default policy for the application. You can change the business criticality later, if necessary, by editing the profile.
Select a policy from the dropdown menu if you do not want to use the default
Note: After you change the policy, you do not see the new policy on the Application Overview page until the scan has completed.
Select the business unit that manages this application.
If the business unit does not yet exist in the menu, click Add a Business Unit.
Enter the name and email address of the business owner.
The business owner is the person who is responsible for managing the application and who is the best person to receive all the email notifications about this application.
Select who has visibility of the application scanning results.
You can give visibility to teams of users and change these selections at any time by editing the profile.
Select the submitting party, either your company or a third party if you are
scanning an application developed outside your organization.
Note: If you do not have the correct permissions, you may not see this option.
If you want to control the DynamicDS scans of this application, select
This application requires approval for each dynamic
This feature implements an approval process where all DynamicDS scan requests enter a queue and the person who has the Security Lead role must approve each request.
- Click Save.
Click Metadata in the left
navigation menu and provide the following metadata or edit the profile later to
add more details.
- Identify where the application originated, for example from a third-party library or internal development.
- Select the industry of your company.
- Application Purpose
- Identify how you use the application, for example for security or software development.
- Deployment Method
- Identify how the application usually deploys, for example web-based, third-party vendor.
- Archer Application Name
- This field, available only for users with the Security Lead role, enables you to set a custom name for the application in the Archer data feed.
- Custom Metadata
- Use the custom fields to add any other metadata on which you want to track or analyze this application.
- Click Save.