All prescan errors relate to connection, auto-login, basic authentication, or login script issues.
To enable you to fix any errors, the details available in the Prescan Details or Scan Details window provide information specific to your error.
For connection errors, look at the Connection Verification, Requests, Responses, Network Errors, and Port Shutdown fields for the specific reason why you have a problem with your connection. The request and response table indicates which requests to the target URL return error responses.
- The URL is spelled correctly and uses the correct protocol.
- The URL is live and available.
- You have whitelisted 220.127.116.11.
- If there is heavy traffic causing the connection to fail.
For authentication errors, look at the Authentication Verification, Login Successes, and Login Failures fields for the specific reason why you have an authentication issue.
- You are using the correct username, password, and domain (if applicable). The Login Successes and Login Failures fields indicate if auto-login is working.
- Any login script, verification URL, and verification text you provided is still valid. The Authentication Verification field indicates at which point in your script an error occurred, saving you troubleshooting time.