Before you install Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio, you must:
Before you begin
- Generate Veracode API credentials. If you have not generated your API ID and key credentials, create them in the Veracode Platform.
- Ensure that the Veracode Greenlight feature is enabled for Visual Studio users. Contact Veracode Technical Support to enable this feature.
Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio only supports Visual Studio 2015 or Visual Studio 2017 projects of 10MB or smaller and scans the CS, VB, JS, or ASPX file selected in the project.
About this task
- Go to the page for Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio on the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.
- Click Download to download the VSIX file to your local machine.
- Double-click the VSIX file to start the Visual Studio installer.
When prompted, select from the displayed list the Visual Studio version you
want to use with Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio. The extension only supports Visual
Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017 projects.
- Click Install.
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Rebuild the solution that contains the files you want to scan.