Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio is designed to scan at the file level. For project-level scans, use Veracode Static Analysis.
- CS, CS, VB, JS, ASCX, ASHX, or ASPX files that are a part of a .NET project that compiles correctly.
The exception is that Greenlight for Visual Studio does not support .NET Core 1.0 or .NET Core 1.1 (XPROJ) projects. If you try to scan a .NET Core 1.0 or Core 1.1 file, you get an error message informing you that you are trying to scan an unsupported language. Greenlight for Visual Studio does support .NET Core 2.0 projects (CSPROJ or VPROJ). See Compilation Instructions for .NET.
Veracode Greenlight uses the following two certificates that are signed by a certificate authority: downloads.veracode.com and api.veracode.com.
Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio plugin only supports Visual Studio 2015 or Visual Studio 2017 projects of 10MB or smaller and scans the CS, VB, JS, ASCX, ASHX, or ASPX file selected in the project. C/C++ files are not supported at this time.
- You must have either of the following IDEs installed:
- Visual Studio 2015 installed on Windows 7
- Visual Studio 2017 installed on Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Your IDE is connected to the public internet.
- If you use a proxy, you have configured your Visual Studio proxy settings.