Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio is designed to scan at the file level. For project-level scans, use Veracode Static Analysis.
Supported File Types and Projects
Greenlight for Visual Studio supports .NET and the .NET platforms and frameworks. The versions that Veracode supports are listed in Supported .NET Languages and Technologies.
|File types||Greenlight for Visual Studio can only scan files of these
Note: The Veracode Static Analysis engine does support .NET Core 1.0 and Core 1.1 applications. However, the limitation is that the .NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 project files in the Visual Studio client are not the standard CSPROJ or VBPROJ file types.
|File size limit||Greenlight for Visual Studio only supports Visual Studio 2015 or Visual Studio 2017 projects of 10MB or smaller. It scans the CS, VB, JS, ASCX, ASHX, or ASPX file selected in the project.|
Veracode Greenlight uses the following two certificates that are signed by a certificate authority: downloads.veracode.com and api.veracode.com.
- You must have either of the following IDEs installed:
- Visual Studio 2015 installed on Windows 7
- Visual Studio 2017 installed on Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Your IDE is connected to the public internet.
- If you use a proxy, you have configured your Visual Studio proxy settings.