Consultation calls provide you the opportunity to get assistance with configuring and running a scan or with interpreting the findings in your application. During scan configuration calls, Veracode can answer specific questions you have about your scan configuration or walk you through the best practices for setting up your scan. During scan results calls, Veracode can help you understand the significance of the findings and provide guidance on remediation and mitigation.
Before you begin
- You have purchased an Enhanced Support subscription. If you have not purchased a subscription, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the support options.
- You have the necessary Veracode Platform
- Scan configuration calls require the role of Creator, Security Lead, or Submitter.
- Scan results calls for policy scans require the role of Executive, Reviewer, or Security Lead.
- Scan results calls for sandbox scans require the role of Sandbox User.
- For scan results calls, you have results available.
About this task
If you have a scan configuration call scheduled, you cannot schedule any additional consultations for your application.
You can have one scan results call scheduled at a time for policy scans in addition to one for each sandbox.
To schedule a consultation call:
Go to the appropriate page on the Veracode Platform.
- For scan configuration calls, go to the application overview page.
- For scan results calls for policy scans, go to the application overview page or the Results page.
- For scan results calls for sandbox scans, go to the Sandbox Results page.
Click Schedule a Consultation to open the schedule
Select the type of assistance you need.
- Understanding how to set up and run a scan
- Understanding my scan resultsNote: Even if you have sandbox results, you can only discuss policy scan results in scan results calls scheduled from the application overview page.
Select the type of consultation:
- Specific Questions
- General Walkthrough
- Select the scan type you want to review.
- If you select Specific Questions, select any of the options that apply to your questions, and enter details in the free-text fields.
- Click Next.
- In Your Details, enter your name, select your timezone, and enter your email address.
- In Additional Call Attendees, add the email address for all the other people attending the consultation. There is no limit to the number of attendees you can invite.
- Click Next.
- Select the date and time in which you want to have the consultation.
Note: If you schedule a Manual Penetration Testing consultation, you are prompted to provide three possible times when you can receive the consultation call.