Veracode recommends that you comply with the following best practices for managing your endpoints to make the most effective use of Internal Scanning Management.
- Install one endpoint in each network in which you want to scan applications.
- Veracode recommends that you install
one endpoint in each network in which you scan your internal applications. For
example, if you have applications deployed in multiple data centers, you install a
separate endpoint for each datacenter.
Each endpoint can support up to 20 simultaneous scans.
- Install endpoints with the endpoint installer.
- On Windows and Linux, the endpoint installer simplifies the installation process and creates a service that continuously runs the endpoint.
- For manual installations, run endpoints as a service.
- If you manually install an endpoint, configure your machine to run the endpoint as a service.
- Install endpoints close to the target applications.
- To minimize network latency, install your endpoints close to the applications you plan on using the endpoint to scan.
- Do not install the same endpoint in multiple networks.
- You encounter an error if you attempt to run a single endpoint in more than one network.
- If an endpoint goes offline, restart it.
- Windows machines: Open the Services application from the Windows start menu, find the Veracode_ISM service, and click Start the service or Restart the service.
- Linux machines: From the command line, enter service Veracode_ISM status to get the status of the ISM service. If it is running, enter service Veracode_ISM stop to stop it. When it has stopped, enter service Veracode_ISM start to start it.
- Manual installations: Restart the endpoint JAR file from the command line.
- If the endpoint does not come back online, contact Veracode Technical Support.