Veracode recommends that you comply with the following best practices for managing your endpoints to make the most effective use of Internal Scanning Management.
- Install one endpoint in each network in which you want to scan applications.
- Veracode recommends that you install
one endpoint in each network in which you scan your internal applications. For example,
if you have applications deployed in multiple data centers, you should install a separate
endpoint for each datacenter.
Each endpoint can support up to 20 simultaneous scans.
- Install endpoints close to the target applications.
- To minimize network latency, install your endpoints close to the applications you plan on using the endpoint to scan.
- Do not install the same endpoint in multiple networks.
- You will encounter an error if you attempt to run a single endpoint in multiple networks.
- If an endpoint goes offline, restart it.
- If an endpoint goes offline, restart the endpoint JAR file from the command line. If the endpoint does not come back online, contact Veracode Technical Support.