Your Veracode Internal Scanning Management (ISM) configuration consists of a gateway that is the access point to the Veracode cloud and endpoints, which connect Veracode to your internal applications.
To configure internal scanning:
From the gear icon menu at the top of the Veracode Platform, click Internal Scanning
- Click Configure Internal Scanning.
Enter the name and description of the gateway and click
Next.Note: ISM currently supports ASCII characters, not UTF-8, for the names and descriptions of gateways and endpoints.
- Enter the name and description of the endpoint you want to connect to this gateway.
Select the platform of the machine running the endpoint. If you do not use
Windows or Linux, select Other to perform a manual
If you select Other, go directly to Manually Install an Endpoint.
- Click Next.
Complete the following steps to start the installer:
- Click Download to download the ZIP file containing the installer.
- Click Copy in the text box in step 2.3 to copy your endpoint key to your clipboard.
- Move the downloaded ZIP file to a machine behind your firewall with access to your internal applications.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Open the installer file.
Note: If you have insufficient permissions to create the service, run the file as an administrator. If you are using a Linux machine without a GUI wrapper, Veracode recommends you open the installer with the following command: sudo -s ./veracode_ism_install.sh
- For Windows machines, the filename is veracode_ism_install.bat.
- For Linux machines, the filename is veracode_ism_install.sh
After you launch the installer, complete the following steps to install the
Note: For Linux machines without a GUI wrapper, opening the installer prompts you to provide the information listed in these steps on the command line.
Verify the installation folder and Java home are correct or select your
preferred folders and click Next.
Note: If the installer cannot automatically detect the Java home, you must specify it.
- If you use a proxy, select Manual configuration.
If you select Manual configuration:
- Enter your proxy hostname and port number. These values must match the proxy details configured in your Java settings.
- If you want to use the proxy only for communication between the endpoint and gateway, select Gateway Only. If not selected, the endpoint also uses the proxy to connect with scanned applications.
- If the proxy requires authentication, select Authentication Required and, then, enter your proxy credentials.
- Click Next.
Paste the endpoint key you copied
in an earlier step and click Next.
Note: If you did not copy the endpoint key, go to the gateway page in the Veracode Platform, click the Actions menu for this endpoint, and select Copy Endpoint Key.
- When the key validates, click Install.
The gateway and endpoint you created now appear on the Internal Scanning Management page.
The gateway may have a status of Initializing for a few minutes after you create it. The endpoint has a status of Pending until you successfully deploy it. When you successfully deploy the endpoint, it has a status of Ready.
After you have created the gateway, started the endpoint, and tested the gateway connection, you can configure a Veracode Dynamic Analysis for internal scanning.