You can use the Results API with Veracode Static for Visual Studio to download and review Veracode scan results from within Visual Studio.
- You have performed a Veracode security scan of your application.
- You have a user account with either the Reviewer or Security Lead role for using the Results API.
- You have an API service account with the Results API role for downloading scan results.
- For Visual Studio 2019, you have configured a rendering option. If you do not configure this option, the scan results may not display in Visual Studio.
You can also download the scan results from the Veracode Platform and, then, import and review the results from within Visual Studio.
To download and review scan results from within Visual Studio:
- Select .
- Click Submit.
In the Download Results window, select the required application, scan type, and
specific scan. Then, click Download to download the scan
- Select .
Select the Detailed Reports tab and, then, select the
Save detailed report to disk checkbox.
- In the Location field, accept the default location or click Browse to select a different location.
Click Apply and, then, click
The scan results open in the Results window.
- Filter or search for discovered flaws.
- Double-click a flaw to open the source file, if the solution is open, and place your cursor on the line that contains the flaw.
- Right-click a flaw and select to view the related call stacks, mitigations, and other details.