If Veracode releases a new endpoint version or you want to update your endpoint proxy settings or Java home, you can install the update with the endpoint installer.
The Endpoints table displays the endpoint version. From the Version column, you can view the updates included in the latest endpoint versions.
To update an endpoint:
- Navigate to the installation folder specified during the endpoint installation.
Open the installer file.
Note: If you have insufficient permissions to create the service, run the file as an administrator. If you are using a Linux machine without a GUI wrapper, Veracode recommends you open the installer with the following command: sudo -s ./veracode_ism_install.shThe endpoint installer opens to a page asking if you want to install the update to the latest endpoint version.
- For Windows machines, the filename is veracode_ism_install.bat.
- For Linux machines, the filename is veracode_ism_install.sh
- Click Next.
- If you want to change your Java home to an upgraded Java version, select the new location, then click Next.
- If you want to update your proxy settings, select Manual configuration and enter your proxy details, then click Next.
- Click Next on the Endpoint Key page.
- Click Install on the Summary page.
- When the endpoint successfully updates, click Close.