You can use Veracode Static for Visual Studio to create a development sandbox and upload your application files to the sandbox. Then, you can run a sandbox scan to perform a static analysis of your application files.
To create a sandbox and run a sandbox scan for an application from within Visual Studio:
- In Visual Studio, select
- From the Application dropdown menu, select the application and, in the Scan Type row, select Sandbox Scan.
- Click Create Sandbox and enter a name for the sandbox. If you do not see this button, contact Veracode Technical Support to enable this feature for your account.
- In the Workspace Files table, use the browse icon to select the files you want to upload from your current projects. Click Add to select any files not associated with a current project.
- Select Upload and, when prompted to confirm, click Yes to continue the upload.
- Click Yes to go directly to the Veracode prescan process after the upload has completed successfully. If you do not want the full scan to continue automatically, click No and, when ready, click Begin Prescan at the top of the Upload Files table.
- After the prescan has completed successfully, click View Prescan Results at the top of the Upload Files table.