You may encounter situations in which you are unable to install Veracode integrations as documented in the Help Center due to environment or network restrictions. To avoid these situations, you can create a local instance of the Veracode Eclipse update site that allows you to use and update Veracode Static for Eclipse without internet access.
Mirroring the Update Site
To get the latest version of Veracode Static for Eclipse, you can mirror the Veracode Eclipse update site, which provides the files required for your local Eclipse installation.
- Create a local directory to store the mirrored site files.
- The update site contains metadata, such as the XML information needed to describe the
content and dependencies of the plugin. To mirror the metadata, run this command from
the command line:
eclipse -nosplash –verbose -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication -source https://tools.veracode.com/integrations/Eclipse/update -destination [LocalDirectory]
Completing this command adds the content.jar file to your local directory.
- The artifact contains the plugin and the files it needs to run. To mirror the artifact, run
this command from the command line:
eclipse -nosplash –verbose -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication -source https://tools.veracode.com/integrations/Eclipse/update -destination [LocalDirectory]
Completing this command adds the artifacts.jar file and the features and plugins folders to your local directory.
- After adding the files to the directory, package all of them into a ZIP file.
Installing the Mirrored Update Site
After you have successfully mirrored and packaged the Veracode Eclipse update site, install the mirrored update site to your local Eclipse environment.
To install the update site in Eclipse:
- Select .
- In the Available Software window, click Add....
- In the Add Repository window, enter Veracode in the Name field.
- In the Location field, click Archive... and select the ZIP file containing the mirrored update site. Then, click OK.
- Select the Veracode Static for Eclipse checkbox and click Next.
- To complete the installation, review the Install Details and click Finish.