- You can only use Veracode Greenlight for IntelliJ to scan binaries. Third-party
build tools, such as Gradle or Maven, add non-binary files that can cause issues
during scanning. If you use a third-party build tool, ensure that:
- The project builds successfully outside of IntelliJ. If you have problems such as classpath or buildpath errors, for example, IntelliJ cannot build the files needed to submit a scan to Veracode Greenlight.
- You have imported your files into IntelliJ using the specific IntelliJ plugin for your third-party build tool.
- Your project includes a build.gradle file, for Gradle, or a .pom file, for Maven. When opening but not importing projects, IntelliJ generates the project configurations.
- For Gradle, consider synchronizing your project with your IDE before scanning. If you notice errors during scanning, synchronizing your projects might resolve these errors.
- Veracode recommends that you select the option in your IDE to build automatically and, then, resolve any blocking build errors.
- You must have the Greenlight IDE User role.
To start a Veracode Greenlight scan in IntelliJ:
. Alternatively, you can click the green V icon in the menu
bar or use the shortkey Ctrl+Shift+G.You can also right-click a package file and select to scan all files contained in the package.
After the scan is complete, review the security findings on the
Veracode Greenlight tab.
The Veracode Greenlight results are summarized in the Findings subtab. In the Best Practices subtab, Veracode indicates the CWEs protected against in the code. The scan level indicates whether Veracode scanned at the package level or file level.
- Double-click a finding to locate the issue in the specific line of code in the scanned file.
Alternatively, right-click a finding to see the actions you can choose: open
the finding in the scanned file, show the finding details in a separate Details
pane, or filter by severity or
1 Non-minified code has not had unnecessary characters such as white space, new lines, comments, and block delimiters removed.